Jolie Inspiration: Tante Lucile's Birthday Tulips


Inspired by the elegant tulips she brought to her 89th birthday celebration this weekend, I set a festive luncheon table in honor of my husband's (French) Aunt Lucile. It seemed only fitting to use vintage pieces such as the Gorham Silver Chantilly pattern, the Franciscan Rose plates, and the silver pitcher for the tulips. I was inspired by the early spring outside and put together every flowery thing I could put my hands on!

Please come join us!


custom tablecloth set with colors of spring
inspired by the early spring birthday tulips
from Chris's Aunt Lucile


along with vintage pieces, I mixed in deep pink bowls
and shot glasses from Anthropologie
and bread plates by Phillipe DesHoulieres for Limoges;
the goblets are a French Country pattern from Mikasa



addendum:

It was just pointed out to me that my tablecloth/tulips are
eerily similar to Pottery Barn's Spring Sparrow linens
below...I guess so! I never saw these
before designing Aunt Lucile's Birthday Tulips table!
Great minds, etc etc!

Pottery Barn's latest offerings


Pottery Barn's latest offerings




.........................................


in 2010, it's:


Kit Golson Design

for elegant, sustainable and pragmatic

Chic Provence Interior Design




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Newyork Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.