Well, I Said There Would Be Grapefruit!



This is my Christmas centerpiece! I used a yellow vintage iron stand, applied some gold leaf to it, then piled in ruby red grapefruit that I also gold-leafed (sparingly...hey we're gonna eat these things!) along with bunches of green mandarin oranges from our tree out in the far back yard where there is not quite enough sun for the mandarin oranges to ripen...ever!

I finished it off with some random gold ribbon and some of that floral netting poked in here and there. I think it looks rather rusticly elegant for decorations that will soon be standing in for breakfast (see brunch recipe here) !



Centerpiece for the Dining Table
Featuring Ruby Red Grapefruit
in the Starring Role!


Voila! Ready for Christmas festivities! And it didn't cost the world: grapefruit, $6 for twenty pounds at Costco, gold leaf $9 at Michael's, floral net, pennies from floral supply, container, flea market find.




Ruby Red Grapefruit
Play a Supporting Role
on the Mantel Next to
the Icon of Mary and Jesus



Soon I will feature a portrait of the Christmas tree and how I made that skirt work with it, then, that's it! No more holiday stuff! I think.



{elegant, sustainable, pragmatic:
the Chic Provence way!}
.......................






.............................................................


CONTACT:


Kit Golson Design

for elegant, sustainable and pragmatic

Chic Provence Interior Design



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Newyork Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.