Mohair is at the pinnacle in the world of textiles. It's been around for thousands of years, coming from the enlightened angora goats of Tibet. And yet, today's hippest and chicest want mohair for their furniture. Why?
- Mohair fibre is lustrous, strong, resilient, and durable
- It is shorn from the angora goat without harming the animal
- It takes dyes beautifully
- Mohair is flame resistant
- It is soft, and does not crease
- Mohair is modernly sustainable and green.
What does mohair ask in return? It will cost you a lot of green.
But it will last you forever, and if the dog throws up on it, smile beatifically. You know that liquid beads on its surface.
The Eight-Fold Path sometimes leads to the mohair sofa. Take it.