Before & After: A Little Chair


I love antique Japanese and Chinese fabrics and have several in my collection that will make gorgeous cushions. Then out in the shed one day, I found this old French country chair I had stashed out there years ago. In sad shape, but very sound. So this weekend, I repaired the woven seat, and gave the frame a new life with cool glossy green paint.

Now I'm trying to decide which silk to go with for the cushion. What do you think? The black, the coral, or the purple?


chair after with black embroidered
silk from Chinese jacket

detail in this black embroidered
silk from Chinese jacket found at
an estate sale locally



chair after with gorgeous vintage Japanese kimono
fabric in coral, green, yellow, blue

a bolt of kimono silk found at local
consignment shop



chair after with purple Japanese kimono silk

purple Japanese kimono silk
given to me as a gift in Japan


***


the old French country chair when I found it in the shed


the chair half painted with glossy green paint





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Newyork Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.